Monday 9 July 2018

Switzerland Day 2 : Mt. Rigi (Queen of the Mountains)

27/12/17 Wednesday

Woke up super early because we need to catch the earliest ferry (8am) from the jetty to Mt Rigi!

One of the early bird at the jetty
Here comes our ferry..


Another view at Lake Lucerne


Simply breathtaking
The whole journey on the ferry took us about 1 hour and finally we arrived at Vitznau where we took the cogwheel train up to Rigi Kulm.

More of this view later

Ascending the mountain, overlooking the lake and alps..

almost there






Rigi Kulm. Trust me, it was freezing cold and the view is simply breathtaking

That scary face before sledding down to nowhere..

rented the toboggan at the customer service centre
Each of us had a toboggan to ourselves when we both have zero idea on how to control it. So the husband went off first while I followed behind. Luckily the area was surrounded by nets so just in case you will not fall off the slopes when you turn. And guess what, I did not managed to turn my toboggan well and my toboggan hit right into the nets during my first turning. I clearly remember my face was so attached to the nets while my whole body was on the snowy ground. I kept laughing and took me few minutes to get up because I found it very funny and I can hear few guys were sledding by but could not stop to help but it's ok. I was really enjoying myself. Very much.

Eddy was like hey what happen and slowly he walked down the slope to 'help' me.

Playing with the super soft snow when suddenly..
The fog was getting thicker and thicker and just a few seconds, we were left alone in the middle of the mountains and cannot see a single thing.



See the thick fog behind? Right after this photo, we sled down the hill with all the thick fog around us. I was so scared cos you really cannot see anything thing and I was so scared if I got lost during our honeymoon haha.
Luckily, we managed to found each other, and took a train to ascend up to sled down again and again. It was really fun and super highly recommended to go to Mt Rigi.

Back to Lucerne by ferry as the other way was closed during winter.
At the Lion Monument, just few meters away from Ibis Styles Hotel
It was drizzling and dark at about 7 something in the evening. And the entrance is free but it was a bit eerie when we walked in as there was no one around and I felt a bit goosebumps looking at the dying lion. So after few pictures, and we are done with this area.

seafood chowder

Had our lovely dinner in this ferry.

Chicken Risotto and..

Salmon Risotto is mamamia! 

Wilhelm Tell- a ferry-turned-restaurant at Lake Lucerne


We walked back to our hotel after a heavy dinner, and enjoyed the view around.

Thanks for the lovely dinner.
Stay tuned for my next blog to Wengen-one of the best scenic view in Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment