Sunday 2 September 2012

Handphone Evolution

How many handphones you had before up to date?

Well..for me is 6ix for a period of 11 years. Not too many I think.

Lets start with my first phone ever...

                                                    Introducing Sony Ericsson T10

Yes, thats my first phone in my whole life that I will tell children and grandchildren and great grandchildren if possible. I owned my first handphone back in 2001 during my secondary school Form 4. Back then, only a few of my classmates had a handphone so nothing big to woohaa about having a handphone. After all, the main purpose to own one is for my parents' convinience to contact me and to pick me up after tuition and also to know my whereabouts. Furthermore, my dad was working in Johor Bahru at that time and my whole family was in Bukit Mertajam (in fact now is still in BM), so he said it would be easier to contact me when Im not at home.

Function and Features of Sony Ericsson T10:
1. Call and messaging (my main priority)
2. Comes with yellow light with super small screen
3.Mono ring tone (and when I'm bored, I will keep playing all the monotonous ringtone just to keep me entertained.)
4. No other function.

I still remember the first time I started to use SMS. My so called god brother sms-ed me. And my handphone keep blinking the whole night with a note : 1 new message
I never took the effort to explore the message until my godbrother called and asked me if I received his sms. I was like, Har? What message? A good laugh for all those youngsters today.
Last time SMS was RM0.50 per message. And when I got addicted to SMS, my credit was quickly finish and I had to called my dad to top up for me.  Compare to now, you got all the free chatting, FB, YB, whatsapp, talkbox and what else? I don;t know, just to name a few.

By the way, my Sony Ericsson T10 was a second-hand handphone. And by receiving my first phone ever, I was so happy you know! Who care first hand or second hand. I ever expect anything more than a phone. Ya I know, I'm a good girl. Nowadays..everyone wants and has a first hand handphone.

Ok, I think in less than a year, my dad got me a brand new handphone, which is my second handphone. My dad sold the Sony T10 to the handphone dealer and got my second handphone at a cheaper rate.

                                                      The Super Famous Nokia 3310

Soon in less than a year, more and more of my friends got a handphone which means sms becomes more important in my lives. And during that time back in 2002, blue screen handphone was the latest craze in town! I think 3-4 of my friends had this same phone. And we will keep exchanging the logo (by SMS) with cute cartoons as wall paper..If you owned this phone before, you will know what I meant.

Function and Features :
1. Call and SMS
2. Nicer screen (blue lights)
3. More ringtones (still monotonous ringtone, but better version)
4.Alarm Clock
5. Able to throw it to lepas geram due to its weight. Yes, I dropped it countless time and somehow it will never break.
The best phone ever.Some say it's like a hammer to crack a crab when you have seafood, you know? haha.

Second phone but thousand of memories in it. 1st call from a guy who got a crush on me. 1st phone to answering callls for hours till the wee hours.

During these period, I did swipe phone with my ex-bf . Nokia 8250. I cant remember whats the reason for swiping phones, but obviously this phone was much much lighter..
Nothing much to talk bout this phone. All I can remember that it has the same function as Nokia 3310, but the main difference is the weight!


Nokia 8250

Ok, so I continue using Nokia 3310 and the 8250 for about 1 1/2 years when my dad got 10000points from Digi to redeem a free handphone worth RM1k! wow!

                                                                              Nokia 6610i

I got this in 2004 if Im not mistaken. My dad got it free from Digi, and gave it to me. I tell you..handphone at that era comes with camera and colour screen! OMG! If you were me to own a camera phone, you will be super excited like me!

Function and features :

1. Call and SMS
2.Infrared to send stuffs
3.Polyphonic ringtone (BEST! no need listening to boring ringtone anymore)
4. Camera (cant remember how many mega pixels, but still, it's good enuff to capture images)
5. Radio
6. Nice keypads

I continued using Nokia 6610i for about 3 years during my University life. I know during that 3 years many high tech handphone has been up in the market, but I never make a noise to change handphone. Maybe I m not an up to date girl.

Well, right after graduation in 2008, my current bf of 4years (Ady)got me a new handphone. Reason, just to update my status in the working world and as a gift from a bf for that reason.
I know Iphones has been in the market but I never bother either..How weird!

                                                                    Nokia 5300

Function and Features
1. Main-slide phone (very classy) and simple
2. Call and SMS
3. Bigger Screen
4. Bigger megapixels
5.Radio, MP3 ringtones
6.Bluetooth, infrared
Disadvantage : too bulky to be put in your pocket.

After 2 years of using it, Ady decided to give me another surprise by presenting a new phone as aValentine gift to me. So the Nokia 5300 hp ended up in my brother's hand till now.



                                                      Nokia 5230

My first touch sreen handphone ever that I will remember for life! Modern and sleek!
Function and Features :

1. Call, SMS, WIFI
2. Large colourful screen
3.3 Megapixel camera
4.Music Express

But frankly speaking, I never really explore the function of this phone for 3 years ..main reason, I didnt sign up with internet plan with my service provider..

This handphone ended it's shelf life terribly. It has a vision disability. If not because of this reason, I think I will never wanted to change a new handphone.All my handphones never died before. This is the only one. :(

I know I;m not a handphone freak..but we have to catch up with life evolution.. So I'm currently using this


                                                Samsung Galaxy S3

I'm very sure all of you know the function and features very well than me coz I just got it for 3 days together with Ady, and I'm not really exploring it yet..Ady has been very good in exploring new things..so I;m waiting for him to guide me..

I heard Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is coming up next, follow by Iphone 5...So many handphones coming up in every year..But how fast can you catch up with them? One thing for sure is that the younger generation will never know how our handphones look like..just like how we have forgotten our father's big fat bulky handphone with long antenna

                                          
We are so lucky for not having that kinda phone walking around !
   

No comments:

Post a Comment