Tuesday 10 April 2018

New Zealand Day 1

I had the opportunity to travel to New Zealand and find my BFF, Jou who is working and living in Christchurch. Jou has been pestering me to visit her ever since like forever, but just that I never had any chance to do so. So, New Zealand here I come!

By the time I am typing this entry, it was already 1.5 years ago. Pardon for my procrastination. Hence, I am doing my very best to recall back as much as I can.

I immediately whatsapp Jou about my plans once I have confirmed this trip. She asked me to fly to Christchurch from Auckland and stay with her. And it is somehow so coincident that Jou has already resigned from her current job (at that time) and she said she can accompany me to travel around south island for TWO WEEKS before she flies back to Malaysia.
So, 2 weeks in South Island. Let's see what are the plans we came up to.

Who asked Jou to be in New Zealand for like almost 8 years, so she is one to come up with the plan of course. She basically gave me 3 different ideas but I cannot find back the email so below is the itinerary that she got for us for 14 days :

Date
Day
Place to Visit
30/10/16
Sunday
Christchurch
31/10/16
Monday
Akaroa Day Trip
1/11/16
Tuesday
Christchurch to Lake Tekapo
2/11/16
Wednesday
Lake Tekapo to Queenstown
3/11/16
Thursday
Queenstown
4/11/16
Friday
Queenstown to Dunedin
5/11/16
Saturday
Dunedin to Christchurch
6/11/16
Sunday
Christchurch
7/11/16
Monday
Christchurch to Blenheim
8/11/16
Tuesday
Blenheim to Abel Tasman
9/11/16
Wednesday
Abel Tasman to Westport
10/11/16
Thursday
Westport to Christchurch
11/11/16
Friday
Christchurch
12/11/16
Saturday
Christchurch and fly back to KL


Hie, that's me waiting in Auckland airport to Christchurch and guess what am I doing?

Writing my journal huhuhuhuh...I remember I was super super excited waiting for my flight to Christchurch.

I flew to Christchurch from Auckland via Air New Zealand. Departure time was 8pm and after 1hour and 25 minutes of flight, I finally arrived Christchurch.

Air New Zealand. I don't have any complaint for just 1 hour plus flight.



The moment I saw Jou at the arrival hall, we both ran to each other like a long distance relationship lovers and hugged each other. It has been some time I never see her and I still remember I was so so  excited to see my best friend again. The airport at Christchurch was not busy, probably not much night flights and the moment I stepped out of the airport with my luggage, I started to shivered as it was so freaking cold. If I am not mistaken, it was around 10 degree celsius. We quickly ran to Jou's car to keep ourselves warm. Jou then stopped by Mc Donalds to have dinner and back to Jou's humble abode to call it a night. It was all dark and misty from the airport to Jou's house so I cannot see any nice scenery outside.

She had only 1 room with a double bed. I was so exhausted from the travelling and feeling very shy to sleep with her worrying that I might snore and disturb her sleep (she is super important you know, my tour guide and driver)..so I insisted to sleep at her couch in her living room. Oh boy, super wrong decision. It was super freezing cold at night even though she had the heater for me. I had Jou's blanket but it was not enough. Super freezing type ok. If not mistaken, it was 2 to 3 degree celsius during midnight. Oh boy. I had no choice but to force myself to sleep as the next day we are visiting Christchurch town to explore! Stay tune for my next post to explore Christchurch together.

Discover the rest of my New Zealand Trip as follow :

New Zealand Day 15 : End of New Zealand Trip
New Zealand Day 14 : Last Day in Christchurch and Scared Scriptless
New Zealand Day 13 : Pancakes Rocks and Blowholes
New Zealand Day 8 :Tunnel Beach, Dunedin Market and Moeraki Boulders
New Zealand Day 7 : Shot Over Jet Boad Ride and Dunedin
New Zealand Day 6 : Milford Sound
New Zealand Day 5 : Lake Tekapo to Queenstown
New Zealand Day 4 : Lake Pukaki, Base of Mount Cook, The Church of the Good Shepherd and my virgin experience staying in a backpackers
New Zealand Day 3 : Akaroa Day Trip
New Zealand Day 2 : Christchurch


p/s : Writing a travel blog is so much fun and it brings back the excitement I had during the trip. Why did I procrastinate? I should have started blogging long time ago. But again, it is better late than never. Don't you agree?



No comments:

Post a Comment